Infant journal covers a wide range of subjects that reflects the varied roles of the professionals working in this area. Practical and clinically based, Infant supports neonatal and infant paediatric nursing and medical practice and develops professional education and health promotion skills.
Infant provides a valuable resource for everyone involved in caring for premature babies and critically ill infants. Technological developments and their impact on care are discussed, as well as the social and psychological issues relating to family support and child development.
Articles in the March 2020 issue, available now, include:
- Proactive management to effectively establish lactation
- A short-term home nasogastric programme
- Non-pharmacological strategies for infant pain
- Fetal medicine training for neonatal trainees
- Relieving paternal stress in the NICU
- Neonatal respiration: medical equipment and products
Topics planned for the May 2020 issue include:
- Advancing the science of human milk to benefit more infants
- Administering the hospital anxiety and depression scale
- Effective teamworking to improve patient safety
- Behavioural cues-based infant massage programme
Infant has a board of distinguished advisors whose experience and knowledge ensures that articles carried in the journal are factually correct, topical and relevant for all readers. All articles published in Infant are subject to peer review in order to guarantee that all content meets the highest standards.
- Case reports
- Review articles
- Clinical practice articles
- Focus on a unit
- Conference reviews